Offer curricula which are relevant and responsive to the changing needs of the industry and society:
- Provide trainings to students that will match the need of the industry when they graduate.
- Apply research and scientific skills that will enable the students to cope adequately with the challenges of modern society;
- Demonstrate appropriate values that are necessary to build a humane, disciplined, nationalist, and independent society;
- Provide modern and upgraded physical facilities, equipment and other learning facilities to optimize students’ development;
- Partner with industry and other research and development institutions in order to strengthen and upgrade the knowledge and skills of faculty and students;
- Undertake outreach and extension programs while utilizing the expertise and competencies of existing human resources for the improvement of the community;
- Show the highest degree of commitment and professionalism in any undertaking; and
- Discuss measures that will enrich and develop the national cultural heritage which will make every Filipino proud of his identity.
As a state university, the Polytechnic University of the Philippines believes that:
- Education is an instrument for the development of the citizenry and for the enhancement of nation building;
- Meaningful growth and transformation of the country are best achieved in an atmosphere of brotherhood, peace, freedom, justice and a nationalist-oriented education imbued with the spirit of humanist internationalism.